Thank you for choosing Accessible Marine Insurance (AMI). We respect your privacy and work hard to protect your personal information. This statement is provided on behalf of Accessible Marine Insurance. We would like to explain how we collect, use and share the information we obtain about you in the course of doing business.
Our Privacy Assurance
- We do not sell your personal or medical information to anyone.
- We do not share your information with non-affiliate companies that would use it to contact you about their own products and services.
- We require persons or organizations that represent or assist us in servicing your policy and claims to keep your information confidential.
- We require our employees to protect your personal information and keep it confidential.
- Access to your Social Security Number is limited to those individuals who need access for business purposes including compliance with the law, providing you with products and services, and handling your claims.
- Our privacy practices continue to apply to your information even if you cease to be an Accessible Marine Insurance customer.
What Personal Information Do We Have and Where Do We Get It
We gather personal information from you and from outside sources for business purposes. Some examples of the information we collect from you may include your name, phone number, home and e-mail addresses, driver’s license number, social security number, marital status, family member information and healthcare information. Also, we maintain records that include, but are not limited to, policy coverages, premiums, and payment history. We also collect information from outside sources that may include, but is not limited to, your driving record, claims history, medical information and credit information.
How We Use and Share Your Personal Information
In the course of normal business activities, we use and share your personal information with persons or organizations within and outside of AMI, for business purposes as permitted. For example, we may do this to:
- Fulfill a transaction you requested or service your policy
- Market our products to you
- Handle your claim
- Prevent fraud
- Comply with requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities
- Participate in insurance support organizations
The persons or organizations with whom we may share your personal information may include, among others:
- Companies that perform services, such as marketing, credit/debit card processing, and communication services on our behalf
- Other financial institutions with whom we have an agreement for the sale of financial products
- Other insurance companies that play a role in an insurance transaction with you
- Independent claims adjusters
- A business or businesses that conduct actuarial or research studies
- Those who request information pursuant to a subpoena or court order
- Repair shops and recommended claims vendors
The Internet and Your Information Security
Our web site www.ami-ins.com provides information about us and our products. You may also perform some transactions on the web site. This Privacy Statement applies to users of www.ami-ins.com, regardless of whether the user is a Accessible Marine Insurance customer.
You may opt out of accepting cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, rejecting cookies may prevent you from using certain functions and you may have to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services or promotions.
Cookies allow us to provide you with a more customized service and are used to track and measure Web site usage. This information may be used to manage and customize our Web site’s content, layout, and services in order to improve our site, enhance customer service, and provide tailored messages.
We may also use customer information to send you promotional communications about products, features, and options that we believe may be of interest to you. If we have your e-mail address, we may do this by e-mail.
Who Should Use Our Web Site?
Our Web site is for insurance and financial products and services and is not intended for children; we do not market any products or services to children under the age of thirteen or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that information is or has been submitted by or collected from a child under the age of thirteen, we will delete this information.
What Security Procedures Do We Use to Guard Against the Loss, Misuse, Alteration, or Theft of Information While That Information Is Being Submitted to Accessible Marine Insurance (AMI) Over the Internet?
E-mail messages are not secure. Our software does not encrypt e-mail messages. E-mail messages traveling through the Internet are subject to viewing, alteration, and copying by potentially anyone on the Internet.
You should exercise discretion with respect to the submission of any personal or financial information via e-mail. If you are concerned about the security of your communication, we encourage you to send your correspondence through the postal service or use the telephone to speak directly to us. We are not responsible for the security or confidentiality of communications you send to us through the Internet using e-mail messages.